FUNDAMENTALS OF PERFORMANCE
MEASUREMENT & ATTRIBUTION
with Carl Bacon, CIPM
and joined by a senior level Ashland Partners professional with GIPS experience, verification, performance measurement, and internal control procedure development.
Fundamental Course – October 15 & 16
Join us for this two-day practical course designed to give a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of performance measurement, ranging from basic return calculation, benchmarks, risk-adjusted performance measurement, and attribution techniques to the Global Investment Performance Standards.
Through class lectures, interactive discussion, practical exercises and team presentations, you will:
- Understand the critical concepts of performance measurement
- Learn the different ways to derive returns (and why the results can vary)
- Get a better understanding of why and how cash flows affect the returns
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of benchmarking
- Assert why risk measurement and control are important and what the measures mean
- Gain insight into the role of attribution, the challenges in getting it right, and how it should be used
- Understand what’s required to obtain and maintain compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards
Advanced Attribution Course – October 17
In addition to the two-day course, a one-day intensive advanced course will be offered for those who wish to increase their technical knowledge and gain a detailed understanding of all aspects of performance return attribution.
The one-day advanced attribution course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Advanced Attribution
- Multi-Currency Attribution
- Fixed Income Attribution
- Attribution for Derivatives
Registration for two day course – Ashland Partners Clients: $1,595 (non-clients $1,795)
Registration for one day advanced course – Ashland Partners Clients: $800 (non-clients $895)
Registration for three day course – Ashland Partners Clients: $2,395 (non-clients $2,695)